Let me sum up one service trip to Melbourne City Toyota
- Invoice for over $1100 for a service ! (What, I thought it was $300)
- Because they did the 80K service. Why, car only did 58K
- Because of the age, but car is 7 months from 4 years, that would be the 70K service (1/3rd the price)
- The above 3 points took over a week to sort out
- Their answer: But it doesn't matter, you had to do the 80K some time, doing it early doesn't matter. Are they serious?
- Strong smell of petrol every time we drive - has to go back to fix the leak in the new petrol filter they added as part of 80K service
- Tried to charge us to fix the leak ! Are they serious?
- Now a bang in the back each time we go over a bump, but we can't figure out what it is - I think something loose in shockers, going to find out soon through someone else
These are all issues but there is two serious issues:
- The way we were talked to and treated, especially Amanda - I won't repeat here, but lets just say terrible customer service and some issues with how they treat women.
- More than a month after the last visit we have received a parking fine. It is from the middle of town, quite a long way from Melbourne City Toyota - on the day and during the time they had the car in their care.
Moral to the story - don't get service from Melbourne City Toyota.