A page about my MendelMax 1.5 3D Printer.
Due to circumstances (work, life, family, everything really) I realised I was not going to have time to build a 3D printer from a kit. I elected to have Trinity Labs build it for me. It was right at the end of their 1.5 production as they are moving to 2.0, so it took some time to build, and then got stuck in customs for even longer ! It arrived safe and in very good condition. It is an excellent build.
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:34387 - Easy to mount ducted fan (40mm)
- http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5573 - Calibration
One bit of advice. Find a way to keep the URLs of Thingiverse files with your downloads and print pictures. It is hard to go back and match them again when the file name is 1.stl.
So much to learn...
Sticking to the Print Bed
- PET - My printer came with PET tape. This has worked pretty well. Just clean it with Acetone
- Kapton - Lots of recommendations on the net for using Kapton, but I have not yet tried it
- Blue Painters Tape - only suitable to PLA, but brilliant. Sticks well but still pulls off ok
- PVA Glue & Water - 8:1 (water:PVA) glue painted straight onto the glass. Seems work work really well, only done two prints so far, but looks good.
TODO - Do we need to? What to use? Sewing oil?
Write the flow and temperature you use on each bit of plastic. Mostly I have found the flow fairly static, and temperature different. Worth investing in a permanent pen - just write on the side.