What is the number one, most hit web site in the world. Wikipedia.
Now have a look at: http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbourne
Now try varying the width of your browser window.
What is good about Wikipedia
- Site navigation is down the left side and quite small
- Page specific navigation (tabs) is across the top of the article
- Pull out quotes, some images etc can be right aligned with flow around text
- All tabs, buttons, links are TEXT !
- Style is done by CSS - tabs are done by CSS - NOT BY ADDING GRAPHICS !
- The fonts are all standard
- The fonts size specific to users settings
- The page moves with the width the user selects for their browser rather than the designer !