S5 - Simple Standards-based Slide Show System
I went to a talk at OSDC 2011 which talked about Google Html 5 Slides - and it looked like a very good system.
One down side I noticed - no split screens. The S5 system I used allowed you to open two windows - one with your presentation, the other with you notes, a timer etc.
What Is S5?
- It's a Simple Standards-based Slide Show System
- One XHTML document provides all of the slide show's content
- CSS handles the layout and look of the slides
- That's all there is to it!
- It has two screen support (demo)
- It uses the keyboard for navigation (page up/down, left/rigth arrow etc)
- You can jump to a page by typing the number
- One document for notes, talk and printed material (demo)
- And it supports the basic features you want in a slide show e.g.:
- Incremental display on a page
- Start with a set of Bullets
- Break them up by page (using a div)
- Add in the necessary headers and a couple of class tags
- YOU'RE DONE!
- Load time - including load of Safari - less than 1 second
What would I change
- Notes screen is missing preview - this is essential for presentations
- A little hard to stylise - unless you're a CSS wiz