Difference between revision 4 and current revisionNo diff available.
Cold and wet.... not going flying... finish kids keyboard.
After the kids dropped the wireless mac keyboard and broke it, then dropped a few times the Logitech Remote keyboard I decided they needed one of their own. A kids rugged keyboard. Original test was a bluetooth module and a numchuck. This version though is a USB keyboard using a Teensy.
What amazed me is how easy the whole project was. It took me about 1 hour to build the box (drilling the holes for 8 buttons and joystick, soldering them up), and about another hour for the software (while infront of the warm fire place).
- Teensy - https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/ - US$16
- Joystick - http://littlebirdelectronics.com/products/arcade-joystick-short-handle - AUS$19
- Buttons - http://littlebirdelectronics.com/products/push-button-33mm-blue - AUS$1.22
- Connecting wire
- Multiple modes - e.g. Games vs TV
- Games - either USB input, or directly off
- Bluetooth / Wireless (including battery and charger)