Difference between revision 1 and current revisionNo diff available.
"Zimbra - the leader in next-generation messaging and collaboration"
Zimbra is a dual license (open source and commercial version) email and messaging system.
Behind the scenes
- Uses many open source products
- Database: mysql, Lucene, Sleepy Cat
- Apache (new version uses built in Java http server)
- Postfix SMTP
- Clam AV
- Open LDAP
- and lots more
- Manages the packages
- Controls the operating system
- Uses native package system, but not native packages
- Does not play well with others
- But that can be good - as it offers better control (automatic) of dependencies
- Virtual Servers
- Shared virtual servers like Zones (solaris) and vservers (linux) have difficulty
- Mostly this is due to bindings to localhost and security